What is a puffle cone? Just the cutest edible bubble wrap that ever lived. And when the mad geniuses at Cauldron Ice Cream in Santa Ana, California, developed their inspired receptacle for ice cream and put it on the menu three weeks ago, they had no idea how much of a thing the puffle cone would become. Here are five reasons you must try it at some point in your life — time to put it on your food bucket list immediately.
1. You'll get two desserts in one. The puffle cone is based on the Hong Kong egg waffle, says Desiree Lee, 26, one of the shop's partners. (The egg waffle is a popular Hong Kong street snack that is made with an egg-based sweet batter.)
2. It will be different from all the other cones you've tasted. Sugar cones, wafer cones, pretzel cones, waffle cones: been there, done that. When you want to level up, you go full puffle.
3. You get to say "puffle" a lot as you're ordering and eating it. Try saying it out loud right now — so fun.
4. The ice cream you order is made right in front of your face. Cauldron makes its ice cream using liquid nitrogen, so you get all that cool smoke-effect magic and you know your ice cream is really fresh.
5. It's made for Instagram. Like, seriously, look at this.